Before buying a new domain name, it’s important to check its history to ensure that it has not been used for any malicious or illegal activities. Here are some of the best tools to check domain history:
- WHOIS Lookup: WHOIS is a publicly available database that contains information about domain ownership and registration. You can use a WHOIS lookup tool such as whois.com to see the current and past owners of a domain, as well as its registration and expiration date.
- Wayback Machine: The Wayback Machine is a digital archive of the internet that allows you to view the history of a website. You can use the Wayback Machine to see how a website looked in the past and check for any previous content that may be inappropriate.
- Google Search: You can use Google Search to find information about a domain’s history. Simply search for the domain name and look for any articles, blog posts, or other content that may mention the domain.
- DomainTools: DomainTools is a comprehensive tool that provides information on domain names, including WHOIS data, historical data, and IP information. It allows you to check the domain’s history, such as the past ownership, DNS records, and historical DNS data.
- Archive.org: Similar to the Wayback Machine, Archive.org allows you to view the history of a website by taking snapshots of the website over time. You can use it to check the domain’s history and see how it has changed over time.
It’s important to note that these tools can provide useful information, but they may not have a complete history of the domain name, so it’s good to use multiple tools to check the domain history.